|Monday, April 24, 2017
- Be sure to mark your calendar for some important upcoming dates:
TODAY through Friday - Prom tickets will be sold for the Junior-Senior Prom during lunch; more info below
May 3 - (Date Change!)Transition Night for 8th graders (parents encouraged to attend
- CONGRATULATIONS to the 2017 Mr. Carlynton, JP Cantwell. Also recognized at the hilarious pageant were Stuart Dougherty as Mr. Congeniality and Collin Fox who won the People's Choice Award.
- Please note: An originally planned in-service day of April 28 has been moved to Tuesday, May 16. Students will have school on April 28 and will be off May 16.
- "Starry Night" is the theme of the 2017 Junior-Senior Prom. The big event will be held May 26 at the Omni William Penn in Pittsburgh. A promenade will be held in the high school auditorium at 5:30 pm. Students will be transported to the hotel site via coach buses; prom will begin at 7:00 pm through midnight. Tickets to the prom are $80. They will be sold in the cafeteria THIS WEEK during lunch. A $5 late fee will be applied for tickets purchased after April 28.
- The high school counseling department will host an 8th to 9th Grade Transition Night Wednesday, May 3 (date change), 6:30-7:30 pm in the Cougar Collaboration Center. All parents of 8th graders are encouraged to attend. Counselors will review graduation requirements, college and career preparation and other important topics. Please save the date. Any questions can be directed to Mrs. Stefanie Barnes by emailing email@example.com
- Class of 2017 - The senior calendar is now available as the countdown to graduation begins. Some upcoming events begin in April with a Senior Project Meeting on April 24. Senior Projects will be presented May 16. The senior banquet and recognition night is slated for May 23. Graduation is Friday, June 2. Click here to view the 2017 SENIOR CALENDAR.
- The high school health classes are sponsoring the We Care Project, a clothing drive to collect clothes, shoes and accessories. Donations will be accepted until June 1 and will be given to the American Red Cross. Please be sure clothing is washed and clean. Donations can be dropped off to the high school office or Room 107.
- For those planning ahead, the AP exams will be administered on the following dates to all those enrolled in Advanced Placement classes:
May 3, Wednesday - English Literature
May 4, Thursday - U.S. Government and Politics
May 5, Friday - U.S. History
May 8, Monday - Biology
May 9, Tuesday - Calculus AB and Calculus BC
May 10, Wednesday - English Language and Composition
All exams will be administered between 7:00 am and noon.
- The Carlynton Cougar Den after-school program is now open, a program
designed to offer students an extended time to master content by getting
help in specific subject areas. Teachers will lead the Cougar Den, which will be
offered Monday through Thursday. Each day will focus on a specific subject:
Monday - Math
Tuesday - Social Studies
Wednesday - English
Thursday - Science
The Cougar Den will run from 2:10 to 3:10 pm. A bus is available to take students to the community in which they live, dropping students off at the elementary schools. All students in grades 7-12 are encouraged to attend.
FROM THE GUIDANCE OFFICE:
Scholarship Opportunities - Students are encouraged to visit Naviance for a complete listing of all scholarships. Students can sign in by going to: http://succeed.naviance.com/
Summer Credit Recovery - Check out this listing of programs available to recover credits this summer.
Please check out bulletin board in senior hallway for other job opportunities.
Rosslyn Farms is hiring LIFEGUARDS for the Summer of 2017. Applicants must be certified as a lifeguard as well as CPR and First Aid. If interested, please call Charlie Smith at 412-279-8108 or Steve George at 412-279-7770. The Rosslyn Farms pool is located on Rosslyn Road.
For Community Service Opportunities, be sure to visit Pittsburgh Cares at:http://www.pittsburghcares.org/HOC__Affiliate_Home_Page
||To purchase a yearbook,
click on the Icon.