Parents/guardians who wish to enroll a child into any one of the district's three schools, Carnegie Elementary, Crafton Elementary or Carlynton Junior-Senior High School, must contact the District Registrar, by calling 412-429-2500, press 1, then extension 1125. The Registrar's office is located in the junior-senior high school building at 435 Kings Highway, Carnegie, PA. 

Office hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 am to noon, and Tuesday and Thursday from 1 to 2 pm.  Appointments to meet with the registrar are recommended and make the registration process more efficient.

The registrar holds office hours throughout the summer.

Visit the Registrar's website.

PLEASE NOTE: A parent must be a resident of Carnegie, Crafton or Rosslyn Farms in order to enroll a child in the district. Additional requirements are below.

Gradient Line

Kindergarten registration day for the 2017-2018 school year was held at each of the elementary schools on the following dates:

Carnegie Elementary - Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Crafton Elementary - Thursday, March 30, 2017

  The District Registrar is available during the summer months and will enroll students by appointment.  
  Registration is held throughout the day at the following times based on the first initial of the last name:
  A through G
H through M 
N through S
T through Z
Register between 8:30 and 10:00 am
Register between 10:00 and 11:00 am
Register between 12:30 and 1:30 pm
Register between 1:30 and 2:30 pm
Forms to be downloaded and completed prior to registration day:
 arrow Please also bring: Two (2) proofs of residency, the child's birth certificate and immunization records. 


Children must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2017 to be eligible for kindergarten enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year. Consequently, the child's date of birth must be on or before September 1, 2012.

A parent and the child to be enrolled must register in the school of the community in which they reside. 

Carnegie Elementary: While the parent completes registration forms, the child will be introduced to teachers and administrators and will participate in a series of placement assessments.
Crafton Elementary: Parents will complete registration forms and appointments will be made for screening and placement assessments at a later date. The child to be registered does not need to attend enrollment day on March 30.

Parents who are unable to participate in the scheduled kindergarten registration day are asked to please call the Registrar at 412-429-2500, ext.1125, to schedule an appointment to register your child before August 7, 2017. Placement testing will not be held for late registrants.

If enrolling your child for FIRST grade, the student(s) must be six (6) years-of-age on or before September 1, 2017 for the 2017-2018 school year. In other words, the child's birthday must be on or before September 1, 2011.

Gradient Line

For a smoother enrollment process, please download and print ALL of the following forms, complete the required information and submit the completed forms to the register. You may call the Registrar at 412-429-2500, ext. 1125, to schedule an appointment. 

Enrollment Checklist Enrollment Form
Request for Records Home Language Survey
Act 26 Certification (can be notarized at school)  Tax Registration Form
PIMS Information Form Health History
Statement of Residency Acceptable Use Policy (Informational)
Emergency Card Acceptable Use Policy Signature
Change of Address Form 

ESL Questionnaire (English Second Language)
National School Lunch Program:
Instructions to complete application

According to Pennsylvania School Code and Carlynton School Board Policy, the following items MUST be presented at the time of enrollment:

  • The child's birth certificate [or baptismal certificate, or a copy of the record of baptism (notarized or duly certified]; or a notarized statement from a parent or other relative indicating date of birth; or a valid passport; or prior school record indicating date of birth; or a duly attested transcript of the child's birth certificate; or a duly certified transcript of birth
  • The child's up-to-date immunization records
  • Two proof of the parent's residency
    • Driver's License
    • Utility Bills
    • Tax Statements
    • Automobile Registration
    • Checks stubs from wages, public assistance or social security indicating the current address
    • Mortgage or lease agreements can be used as temporary proofs of residence, but another proof must be presented within 30 days

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.